Once again the "hackers" as they call themselves have come across some low-hanging fruit and have exploited it to inject iFrame into a low-traffic site.
I came across this one when investigating a root-cause for a malware infection on one of the machines I administer. Luckily the site had just been hit a couple days ago, and with the low traffic they have, it shouldn't infect many people.
I have informed the business owners and the site designer, but as of 3 hours later, the site is still online and the index.html file still has the iFrame code perched at the bottom of it. *update: the html files have been updated, but apparently by the bad guys*
It's a PDF exploit that takes advantage of CVE-2010-1885, which is a help and support center whitelist vulnerability. Another fine reminder that if you don't keep your software up to date, you become low-hanging fruit as well.
Hopefully more to come as I tear this thing apart a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment